8.14.2009

New House: Tile Preview

In order to illustrate what our architecture schoolin' bought us, here's a little preview of our kitchen materials and tile pattern. As seen in the first picture, we've already ordered the cherry cabinets, we're pretty much decided on the tile, and we're still working on the laminate color for the countertops (the one shown is a pretty strong candidate). The second picture shows what an architect does with an hour to kill over lunch. In order to estimate the amount of tile and supplies we need, they need square footages. Plus, I/we wanted to see what the kitchen would look like with an angled brick pattern to follow the 45-degree angle of the island. Therefore, the floor finish plan in AutoCAD. Now we have a really, really close estimate of how many square feet of square versus angled tile area we have. Nerdy, I know. But I can't help it! :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment