6.14.2010

Sand in the City!

For the second year in a row, I participated in the Sand in the City competition - a major fundraiser event for the Nebraska Children's Home Society. As a volunteer "architect," I worked with First National Bank's team to create the sculpture "Savings Story." We sculpted Hamm, the pig from Toy Story, and then carved other Toy Story characters on the surrounding stacks of coins. My direct responsibility was the carving of the title coin at the front of the plot. We had six hours to complete the sculpture, and four of mine were on that coin alone!

Also, I was handed the "Most Valuable Designer" award. That basically means I produced great drawings for my team to build from. Sabrina Ahern, another designer at Leo A Daly, got that award last year - so I had a great mentor! We decided we'll keep trading it off every other year. :)


Also, many thanks to the Omaha Camera Club! They had multiple people taking photographs all day. Here are more pictures from the whole competition: http://occ.smugmug.com/Events/Sand-in-the-City-2010/12477949_QXH5N#894380681_br9GP.

0 comments:

Post a Comment